From April 24-27, a team of 8 educators will be visiting our school and reviewing all our standards and new strategic plan. They will also be calling some school parents to gather your input on how our school is doing. Please expect a possible call that week. Thank you for taking the time to visit with them about your family’s experience here at MOLS!
The following are the Standards that accredited schools must critique and show evidence of quality:
* Mission & Philosophy
* Teaching & Learning - Curriculum, Instruction, & Monitoring Learning Performance
* Climate for Learning
* Communication & Community Relationships
* Personnel – Qualifications, Evaluations, & Development of Staff
* Leadership, Administration & Governance
* School Strategic Plan for Improvement
You may ask – why do schools seek accreditation?
* Accreditation delivers recognized credibility of the quality of a school program in the eyes of its stakeholders & the public.
* Accreditation assures stakeholders that the school program periodically undergoes an intensive self-evaluation & a review by professional educators who are not affiliated with the school.
* Accreditation provides for long-range strategic planning, focusing on student achievement & ongoing school improvement.
* Accreditation highlights the many excellent accomplishments of the school and its students.
Last year we posted our MOL Mission & Philosophy Statements in the main hallways of our schools. We encouraged parents and parishioners to give input on what you liked or would like added or changed to our Mission & Philosophy. We used your input to make some changes to our statements. We are happy to share with you our updated MOL Mission Statement:“Mary of Lourdes School is Christ-centered and dedicated to excellence in education by developing the whole person, integrating our Catholic faith with daily life.
We invite you to review our new School Strategic 7-Year Plan posted here on our school website and in the school entrances to share with you our future goals and give you an opportunity to share your suggestions once again.?
We value your input as we continue to move forward in our accreditation renewal process. This experience offers a great opportunity to review and make positive changes and updates to our school community.
Thank you for your continued support!